Saturday, May 8, 2010

Week 1

This week was difficult and disappointing. I didn't do so well at eating right and going to the gym. I tried different fast foods and thought I was doing well only to find out that the meals were super high in sodium. I took my lunch a few times and was incredibly bored with what I took to eat and only ended up craving more. I would satisfy my craving with cupcakes, brownies and candy. I'm going to try to make it a habit of making my lunch the night before so as I run out the door I can grab it on the way to work. Making my breakfast the night before would also be ideal.\

One thing I was proud of was that I went to the gym on Thursday night because I actually wanted to go, it was like my body was screaming for it. I managed to attend a Yoga class and did 30 minutes on the elipitcal. I felt pretty good afterwards but then had to deal with some emotional stuff that left me in a funk. It's an excuse but sometimes I am consumed with my feelings and I don't fucntion well until I've figured things out. If I could manage to use my workouts to take a time out and work on things I'm having a hard time with, those sessions could be super beneficial.

My primary motivator for the gym this week was the fact that I had to unbutton my pants at work. My H&M pants which are right at the waist line was digging in my pudge and i couldn't stand it anymore. The other thing I noticed was that my thighs are getting bigger because the fabric in that area is stretched sooo tight when I sit down. This is something totally new and to be honest it worries me alot. This week I defienlty need to be more aggresive.

I really need to be smart and focused when it comes to this challenge. The last thing I want to do is get caught up in my self image and end up with some serious issues. I finsihed my book House of Versace this week and it talked about the eating disorder that Allegra has. When I started doing some online reasearch of her I was bombared with some very disturbing images. She is rail thin and her skin is literally hanging on her yet she doesnt see how sick she is. I never want to be that obssesed about my image.

Until Next time

No comments:

Post a Comment